Monday, June 8, 2009

Hello! So I have already been here a week! I can't believe it! This summer is going to fly!

One of the girls in our camp has an ex boyfriend stationed here in Oki and him and his friends were having a cook-out on Friday night. So a bunch of us girls went to that. It was really awkward at first ... it reminded me of a junior high dance with all the boys standing on one side and the girls on the other. However, it did not take long for the guys to start mingling. They set up beer pong and had us girls play with them. Remind you again that we are not allowed to drink the first two weeks so the guys had to drink double... it was comical.

Saturday we had to be up at 8am to work on a few posters. We only worked on the posters for an hour and then we were off to the beach. While at the beach, a few local boys came over to talk to us girls. Their English was a little rough but we managed to communicate. Saturday night a few of the girls and I met up with my friends ex and his friends. We ended going to a teeny tiny karaoke bar... the owner of the place was super nice and treated us like royalty. He even allowed us to take a picture with him and his wicked mullet!



Sunday my friend Megan, Trista and I walked around off base. We went into a bunch of different shops. We also ate at McDonalds, which was greasier than in the US! After that a group of us went out to eat at a hamburger steak place... it sounds like American food but it sure wasn't... it was super weird and gross!

This week we have classes and lectures to prepare us for next week... our first week of camp... I can't wait! =)

3 comments:

Roy Sparks said...

Glad to see things are going good for you. Things are going good here.
Miss you,
Love,
Grandpa

Kim said...

That cat is hideous! I'm disappointed in you!

Anonymous said...

so I have a question... why cant you drink yet?!?!... is it because they want you to know your way around sober before you start drinking and have to find your way home drunk?!? haha :) But really, Kim loves that pic of the cat... I love your blog!!!

love Ashhole