Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hello! My apologies for not updating you all sooner! This week has been super busy, chaotic and amazing! We started our first day of camp on Monday. I was incredibly nervous... I didn't really know what to expect. The theme for the week was Coral Sea Jamboree. At 8am we began our blitz. The blitz is when all the counselors and campers get into a big circle and sing and dance to songs. After the blitz we had 'family time'. During 'family time' we get together with our groups. I was the leader for purple group 4. My kids are absolutely amazing! Of course there are those little stinkers in there but overall they are great! Family time was crazy! Within 5 minutes I had an injured child and two kids crying. I was wondering what I had gotten myself into! Things luckily settled down after family time. The kids had snack and then went to theirBe choice areas. After choice time they kids had lunch. Everyone eats with their kids and then has an hour break. After lunch they have choice time again until snack and closing. During closing we sit in a circle and sing songs. After closing we have a dance party. The kids just love it!

Besides camp things are going well. I have met some really cool people and have enjoyed getting to know them. A lot of the girls are from Iowa so we have been making plans to get together in the fall for some Hawkeye tailgating...Woot woot!!! I have invited them to participate in our annual family tailgating as well! =)

After a week of rain, the sun is finally shining so we are going to head to the beach and enjoy it! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alishia,
Sorry we missed your call. Grandma has been busy working nights and days. She is getting ready for the Hydes to come from Colorado.
I am still hanging in there. I am feeling good.
Take Care,
Love,
Grandpa and Grandma

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome!... keep up the good work w/recruiting some tailgaters :) lovies!

ashers

Carro said...

Hey girly!
I'm so happy you are having fun in Japan. Have you tried the sush yet? I know thet say you have to try it about three times until you like it. Will you have apportunitied to travel around in Japan and Asia before you go home? You should totaly take the chance if you have it!!! I wish your stay will continue to be wonderful! much love Carro

babyhentze said...

Can we maybe get an update? Love and Miss you a TON! Muah!
Love, Aunt Jess